Power Rangers


I remember watching a few episodes of the TV version when I was much younger and I never liked it.  I figured if I didn’t like it when I was younger then I would definitely not like it now that I am older. I figured it would be just like how it felt watching the Cosby show as an adult. I was wondering what kept me enthralled in this sitcom. And believe me, it has nothing to do with Bill’s present scandals.



However, for one reason or the other I decided to give it a shot and watch the movie version and it wasn’t bad at all. Maybe it had to do with the weight of expectation. I was expecting crap and got .... no crap.



Five teenagers stumbled on a long drawn out fight between good and evil and the fate of the world hangs in the balance. Same old story right once it is a super hero movie. The teenagers become masked heroes in the process and are tested to prove their worth in the battle between good and evil.



I guess the above paragraph also sounds crappy but what to do? This is because the movies keep serving up the same old stuff but I still enjoyed it. Guess maybe it has to do with something about familiar territory.



The movie also gives a hint about how the Voltron movie  might turn out if it is ever made. Not promising, right?
Power Rangers (2017 Official Theatrical Poster).png

Comments

Popular Posts