Dinner


One of the new generation Nollywood movies.



I have to admit I prefer the “new school” but I have also noticed that most of the movies are about infidelity among upper or middle class couples. The old school Nollywood movies were mostly about “juju”, and the problem I had about this was what it says or does not say about our nation. When I was much younger, Chinese movies made me feel that every Chinese man could fight Kung Fu and I believe now it is the same with the “juju” movies. Every other nation might feel that every Nigerian does “juju”. At least, with the new school, the better, fancier side of Nigeria is showcased, the only downside is the infidelity.



"Dinner" is about a young Nigerian couple having dinner with their friends to discuss their upcoming, wedding but in the process, a lot of revelations were revealed which threatened the very reason they all gathered in the first place.



Dimeji Okanlawon really impressed me with his acting. Keep it up, bro.

Image result for dinner nollywood film

Comments

Popular Posts