Intro

This is an introduction to my Blog.

This blog is basically for entertainment that can be found on a screen. I am an avid lover of the screen, be it a television screen, big screen,laptop screen, desktop screen, mini DVD player.

From the above statement, it can be taken that I love television series, YouTube videos and the big screen but my biggest love is for the movies.

I love movies so much that my lifelong dream has been to direct or produce a movie of my own. Growing up, my friends and I would direct movies of our own and this was done by telling it. I grew up in the eighties in Nigeria when  smartphones and handy cameras were not readily available as they are today and so by directing a movie I mean telling it verbally to a young audience, and it was down to how powerful a visual I could put up with words that would determine the success of my ‘movie’. As a young boy, action movies were my favorite as other young boys of my age .My ‘directing a movie’ usually started with my action star running, it never mattered where he or she was running to or running from as long as he or she was running because action movies to me in that era were synonymous with running as the opening scene. In fact, movies that did not start in that manner were usually not credible in my young mind. A case in point was First Blood or Rambo starring Sylvester Stallone which had the action star walking in the opening scene but turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Well, the whole purpose of the above ramble is that since I have not yet been able to accomplish my lifelong goal of directing a movie, I might as well do the next best thing which is to blog about movies.

Movies have always been a part of me. Early memories involve going to friend’s houses to watch Beta max video tapes which later evolved to the VHS tapes. This was mostly the era of Indian films and James bond movies. I presently own the whole collection of Sean Connery, Roger Moore ,Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and the single George Lazenby rendition of the 007 Movies .I do not own Daniel Craig in protest as I believe he broke the tradition of the typical bond by being too violent. James Bond is smooth, a ladies man, and a carrier of gadgets. A man who uses brains instead of brawn, Forgive me, I know Daniel has his followers and I still watch his movies. It’s just that I believe more in the older double o sevens.

Anyways, I digress.

As I said earlier, this blog is about movies .I would talk about movies I have watched and those I would recommend, previews and those I would love to watch just because of the preview or I would  just want to watch it because of the cast, etc.


I watch movies mostly because of the feel good factor. At the end of some movies, I feel like I can take on the world, I have a buzz around me, the world seems made of milk and honey and I’m happy with everyone while others make me feel sad and aware of the harsh realities of the world. Movies can be and always will be an emotional roller coaster and it’s that power that I wanted to recreate by being able to direct my own movie. And until when I will be able to do that, let us talk about the moments that create magic on the silver screen. Here goes…

Comments

  1. Nice one Wole. Looking forward to your review of our favourite movies. -Bariyu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully ur taste in movies will be better than ur choice in football. Abeg review a movie & stop telling stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a snake in the monkey's shadow. You have drawn first blood, making us wait to exhale. Let's see what you think about the good, the bad and the ugly. I know your blog will come fast and furious.We've been waiting for iyt since ice age. Thankfully we don't have to stay in Hotel Transalvania or travel to Madagascar. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wickeddddddd,i will be needing your services as a guest blogger

      Delete
  4. Finally we can have some where we can say how we feel about some movies. Nice 1 Wula. Big-Ups. Lets talk about the Misson Impossible series. I wont also mind the Iron Eagles series( How many parts did they finally make), the likes of American Ninja etc. Wula you are really opening up the archives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Update update update

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts